Date: 3 December 2014
Participation Fee: 650 EUROS(All fees include VAT).
Places are limited.
Registration Period: Until 31 November 2014
Location: KPMG, 400B Mesogeion, Agia Paraskevi, 15342
Language: Seminar will be in Greek. Material will be in English.
Certification will be provided upon completion.
Dr. Alexandros Metallinos,
Karatzas and Partners Law Firm
Dr. George Skiadopoulos,
Professor Queen Mary, University of London & Associate Professor, University of Piraeus, Honorary Senior Visiting Fellow,
City University, UK & Associate Research Fellow, University of Warwick, UK
This is a unique training course designed for lawyers who would like to become familiar with the concepts and applications of financial derivatives. All main classes of financial derivatives (futures, forwards, swaps and options) will be explained by means of a number of simple examples. Delegates receive high quality training by Professor George Skiadopoulos and leading practitioners who are all experts in the field. The number of participants is strictly limited to ensure that participants and lecturers will interact in a friendly and informal atmosphere. Therefore, places will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis. Please book early so as to take advantage of this excellent learning opportunity
Who should attend
This course is designed specifically for lawyers whose business have to do with financial derivatives.
Attending the course will be particularly useful for
· In-house lawyers in banks and securities houses
· Compliance officers
· Lawyers in private practice
· Bankers who want to know more about legal issues
· Lawyers with corporations and fund houses
· Lawyers working for corporations, governments and financial institutions
· Futures and Forwards
- Mark-to-market & Margins.
- Pricing futures.
- Term structure of futures prices.
- Hedging with futures.
- Arbitrage strategies with futures.
· Interest Rate Derivatives
- Interest rate futures
- Forward Rate Agreements (FRAs)
- Bond futures.
- Interest rate swaps
- Concept & Examples
- Call & Put options: Definitions
- Basic positions & Profit/Losses.
- Factors that affect option prices.
- Popular strategies with options
- What is the fair price for an option?
· Documenting OTC derivative transactions
- Master agreements
- Why master agreements
- The main master agreements used in practice
- The concept of the single agreement and netting
- Enforceability of netting in Greece
- Private international law
- Substantive law
Information / Registrations
Tel.: 211 1815740
Fax: 210 60 62 111